Ways to use your LANTUS SoloSTAR:
1) Carefully check the label to make sure that you are using a right insulin.
2) Attach a new sterile ultra fine needle. Do not reuse it.
3) Safely test the pen by dispensing a small amount of insulin as this will remove the air bubbles. This ensures that pen is working properly.
4) Turn the dosage knob to end of the pen as per the prescribed amount.
5) Select an injection area on your upper arm, thigh or abdomen. One must choose different injection areas every time.
6) You must position the needle, insert, and then push the injection button on the top of the pen.
7) After injecting, consumer must leave the needle in the skin for a few seconds. Later press on the injection site for a few seconds.
8) Dispose of the used needle properly in a sharps container.