Atarax in online pharmacies is sold in the form of white oblong pills, each of which contains 25 mg of active component- Hydroxylamine hydrochloride.
Like any other tranquilizer, Atarax has five primary effects: anxiolytic (removal of anxiety and fear), sedative (calming), antiemetic, pain-relieveing and antihistamine (antiallergic). Moreover, this drug perfectly relaxes the skeletal and unstriated muscles. It means that the drug removes muscle tension, anxiety and skin itching caused by the allergic diseases. The drug starts to act 20 minutes after the intake.
Indications for use
The specialists prescribe Atarax in the following cases:
- the treatment of neurological, psychological and somatic diseases;
- reduction of anxiety, psychomotor agitation, internal stress and heightened agitation;
- symptomatic treatment of skin itching, caused by the allergic reaction;
- the treatment of withdrawal syndrome in case of chronic alcoholism, accompanied by psychomotor agitation;
- patient’s preparation for anesthesia and surgery.
This drug must not be used in the following cases:
- period of birth activity;
- lactation period;
- hypersensitivity to Hydroxyzinum and other drug components;
- children younger than one year of age.
Patients with raised intraocular pressure urinary difficulty, myasthenia, prone to seizures and arrhythmia, you should take this drug with caution.
Before buying the drug, pay attention to the possible side effects of Atarax:
- dry mouth;
- urination disorders;
- arterial hypotension;
- general weakness;
- excessive sweating;
- allergic reactions.