Take Lortab in strict accordance with the doctor’s orders. To clarify the indications for use, consult a doctor or pharmacist.
- Each dose must be washed down with a full glass of water.
- If Lortab causes indigestion, it should be taken with milk or meal.
- To make sure that you are taking the right dose, measure the solution with a special dose-measuring spoon, cup or dropper, not a regular table spoon. If you don’t have a measuring spoon, ask the pharmacist, where you can buy it.
- Hydrocodone is addictive. The use of this drug causes physical and mental addiction. Don’t exceed the prescribed dose and don’t take the drug longer than stated. An abrupt cessation of medication after several weeks of its constant use can cause the withdrawal syndrome. The doctor can recommend you the gradual reduction of the drug dose.
- Lortab can cause constipation. It is advisable to take plenty of liquid (6-8 glasses of water a day) to reduce the side effect. A large amount of fiber in your diet will help you to avoid constipation.
Store the drug at room temperature in a cool dry place.
Avoid alcohol while taking Lortab. Alcohol can increase drowsiness and dizziness, caused by medication, which can result in a loss of consciousness and death. When mixed with alcohol, Acetaminophen is harmful for the liver.
Lortab can increase the action of other drugs, causing drowsiness, including antidepressants, alcohol, antihistamines and analgesics, drugs for the treatment of anxiety, anticonvulsants and muscle relaxants. Simultaneous use of the above-listed drugs can cause dangerous sedative effect, dizziness or drowsiness. Tell the doctor about all the drugs you’re taking and don’t self-medicate, without consulting your doctor.
You should take precautions while driving, managing industrial machinery or making other dangerous work. Hydrocodone can cause drowsiness or dizziness. If you experience such condition, you should refrain from the dangerous activity. Acetaminophen may be contained in the other drugs, especially over-the-counter analgesics, anti-cold and anti-allergic drugs. Don’t take other medicines, containing acetaminophen without consulting your doctor. Excessive use of acetaminophen can be dangerous.