– Essential hypertension
– Kidney lesion in hypertension and achrestic diabetes mellitus(consisting of complex therapy)
Posology and method of administration
The usual recommended and supporting dose of Avalide is 150 mg once a day. The drug can be taken regardless of meals. The pills should be swallowed whole with water. If it is necessary, the dose can be increased to 300 mg 1 time per day or prescribe combine antihypertensive therapy.
Patients with non-insulin dependent diabetes mellitus and arterial hypertension drug is started to take at a dose of 150 mg once a day and then increase the dose to 300 mg once a day, which is preferred maintenance dose in renal disease. Persons older than 75 years should start therapy with 75 mg.
Violation of renal function.
Patients with impaired renal function shouldn’t change doses.
Patients on hemodialysis should start therapy with 75 mg.
Inadequate intravascular blood volume.
Before you start the application of Avalide you must bridge deficit of liquid and / or sodium.
Disturbances of hepatic function.
Patients with mild or moderate hepatic function violation correction shouldn’t correct the dose.
– Hypersensitivity reactions, such as skin sprinkle, urticaria, angioedema
– Headache, dizziness
– noise in ears
– nausea and / or vomiting
– a significant increase of creatine kinase levels
– orthostatic dizziness
– orthostatic hypotension
– hepatitis, change of hepatic function
– Arthralgia, myalgia (in some cases in combination of increased levels of creatine kinase (CK)), muscle cramps
– Renal function violation including cases of acute renal deficiency in patients with an increased risk
– leukocyte vasculitis
– hot flushes
– diarrhea, dyspepsion, heartburn
– sexual disfunction
– chest pain
Treatment should be discontinued with the development of severe adverse effects
– Hypersensitivity to the active substance or helpful components of the drug
– pregnancy and lactation
– child and adolescence to 18 years
– primary hyperaldosteronism