Alesse is drug with contraceptive estrogen-progestin action. Release form and composition. The dosage form of release Alesse is pills (21 pcs in blisters, 1 package in carton box.). The composition of one tablet comprises active ingredients: Levonorgestrel – 0.25 mg; Ethinyl estradiol – 0.05 mg.
- Functional disorders of the menstrual cycle;
- Pain syndrome that occurs in the middle of the menstrual cycle.
- Diabetes mellitus (decompensated);
- Endocrine disorders, gall bladder, hepatic;
- Organic heart disease in severe;
- Disorders of lipid metabolism;
- Brain diseases caused by pathological changes of cerebral vessels in conjunction with violations of cerebral circulation;
- Arterial hypertension;
- Sickle cell and / or chronic hemolytic anemia;
- The increased tendency to thrombosis;
- Seizures, which are caused by disorders of calcium metabolism in the body (tetany);
- Malignant tumors;
- Pregnancy and lactation;
- Hypersensitivity to the drug.
Dosage and Administration
Alesse is taken orally. To protect against pregnancy, the drug should be taken daily for 21 days, in the evening. Start of therapy is recommended since 1-5 days of menstruation. After taking the pills from the package you should take a break of 7 days, then you need to start taking pills from a new package. During the break menstruation-like hemorrhage should occur. For other indications (for therapeutic purposes) doctor determines the dosing regimen individually.
During therapy Alesse may develop disorders of like lability, dyspepsia, mastalgia, libido changes, and weight gain, impaired glucose tolerance, bleeding from the vagina, headaches, fatigue, localized in the gastrocnemius muscle cramps, skin rash.
Women from the ages of 35 years in the appointment of Alesse it is necessary to pay attention. The drug must be stopped in cases of the following diseases/ conditions:
Thrombosis, including retinal vascular thrombosis, thrombophlebitis or thromboembolism;
- Cerebrovascular disorders;
- Myocardial infarction;
- The deterioration of visual acuity;
- Shifting forward eyeball (exophthalmos);
- Repeated persistent headaches;
- The development of any severe chronic illness;
Alesse is the best at the prevailing estrogenic phenotype. It should be borne in mind that the contraceptive effect is reduced when the interval between doses of pills over 36 hours.