Naproxen has anti- inflammatory properties and is also used antipyretic and anesthetic. The main field of application of this drug is the motor system disorders.
There is a list of pathologies Naproxen fights successfully.
Inflammatory diseases of locomotor system. They include articular pathologies (rheumatoid arthritis, juvenile, podagric arthritis and Reiter disease, Bechterew disease, osteoarthritis).
- Bone and muscle pains.
- Toothache and headache. In this case, the drug can be a perfect replacement of analginum.
- Radiculitis and other pathologies, caused by the jamming of nerve roots.
- Adnexitis (the inflammatory process, conducted in the tubal ligation and ovaries).
- Painful sensations, caused by the surgical interventions and all sorts of traumas suffered.
- Strong pains in oncological diseases.
- Dysmenorrhea. Painful feeling in woman’s body, caused by menstrual cycle disorders.
- Pharyngitis (throat inflammations) and the accompanying pains.
Naproxen is a very efficient drug, which has a lot of consistently positive feedbacks. Negative effects are extremely rare, but they are there. There is a possibility of:
- Digestive system damages (gastropathy, bleedings and ulcers);
- Small digestive disorders (stomachache, vomiting and sickness);
- Intestine damages, bleedings, ulcers and erosions;
- Nervous system disorders (ear noise, drowsiness, slow reaction, headache);
- Allergic reactions (urticaria, itching, Quincke’s disease);
- The reduction of platelets and anemia (in case of overdose);
- Liver and kidney disorders.
The use of external means significantly reduces the risk of negative effects.
Naproxen is not recommended for the patients with the following symptoms:
- Allergic reactions;
- Heightened sensitivity to the drug components;
- Duodenal diseases, stomach ulcer and other intestine damages;
- Respiratory disorders, caused by the intake of non-steroid drugs.
This medicine is also not recommended for the lactating, pregnant women and the children under the age of 3. If it is necessary to give this drug to the child, it is better to choose the suspension and necessarily consult the pediatrician.
In the long period of treatment it is necessary to undergo a medical check-up for the functioning of kidneys, liver and peripheral circulatory system.