Depressions and depressive states of different etiology, accompanied by motor and ideational retardation: asthenodepressive syndrome, depression (endogenous, involutional, climacteric, reactive, alcohol), depression while psychopathy and neurosis, nocturnal enuresis in children, behavioral disorders (activity and attention), panic disorders, chronic pain syndrome (chronic cancer pain, migraine, rheumatic diseases, atypical facial pain, postherpetic neuralgia, post-traumatic neuropathy, diabetic or other peripheral neuropathy), narcolepsy, accompanied by catalepsy, bulimia nervosa, cocaine withdrawal syndrome, urinary incontinence, headache, migraine (prevention).
- Hypersensitivity to any component of the drug or other tricyclic antidepressants from the group of benzodiazines;
- The use of MAO inhibitors;
- Recent myocardial infarction;
- Violation of intracardiac conduction;
- Heart rhythm disorder;
- Manic episodes; – Severe renal impairment and / or liver disease;
- Urinary retention;
- Angle-closure glaucoma;
- Up to 6 years in the treatment of nocturnal enuresis, and up to 18 years in the treatment of depression and panic disorder (lack of sufficient clinical experience);
- Pregnancy and lactation;
- Galactose intolerance, congenital lactase deficiency or glucose-galactose malabsorption syndrom.
The dose and dosing frequency are determined individually depending on the nature and degree of symptoms. As with other antidepressants, it takes at least 2-4 weeks (maybe 6-8 weeks) to achieve a therapeutic effect. If you buy Tofranil the treatment should start with a low dose with gradual increase of its selection for the lowest effective maintenance dose. Dose titration to achieve efficiency requires special caution in the elderly and in patients younger than 18 years.
Antidepressants are recommended for use in the case of enuresis, which developed as a result of stress. Getting in the body such medical agents relax the bladder help to control involuntary urination, prevent urinary leak or reduce the number of unpleasant symptoms. Tofranil is the most effective in the case of bedwetting.